Research Assistant Professor
Antoine Guitton is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Geophysics at the Colorado School of Mines. He holds an Engineering and MS degree in geophysics (1996) from Ecole et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre (EOST), Strasbourg. He also holds an MS (2000) and a PhD (2005) in geophysics from Stanford University, where he was a member of the Stanford Exploration Project.
Antoine's research interests are in seismic inversion and imaging, and signal processing. In 1999, he received the Best Student Paper Award at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) annual meeting and international convention for his work on the Huber penalty function. He is also the recipient of the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE) Arie Van Weelden Award (2004) and SEG Clarence Karcher Award (2007) for his work on robust norms and noise attenuation. Since 2010, Antoine has been an associate editor for the seismic inversion section of GEOPHYSICS.
- Guitton, A., Ayeni, G., & Diaz, E. (2012). Constrained full-waveform inversion by model reparameterization.GEOPHYSICS, 77(2), R117-R127.
- Guitton, A., & Claerbout, J. (2010). An algorithm for interpolation in the pyramid domain. GEOPHYSICAL PROSPECTING,58(6), 965-975.
- Alvarez, G., Biondi, B., & Guitton, A. (2007). Attenuation of specular and diffracted 2D multiples in image space.GEOPHYSICS, 72(5), V97-V109.
- Guitton, A., Valenciano, A., Bevc, D., & Claerbout, J. (2007). Smoothing imaging condition for shot-profile migration.GEOPHYSICS, 72(3), S149-S154.
- Haines, S. S., Guitton, A., & Biondi, B. (2007). Seismoelectric data processing for surface surveys of shallow targets.GEOPHYSICS, 72(2), G1-G8.
- Guitton, A., Kaelin, B., & Biondi, B. (2007). Least-squares attenuation of reverse-time-migration artifacts. GEOPHYSICS,72(1), S19-S23.
- Lomask, J., Guitton, A., Fomel, S., Claerbout, J., & Valenciano, A. A. (2006). Flattening without picking. GEOPHYSICS,71(4), P13-P20.
- Valenciano, A. A., Biondi, B., & Guitton, A. (2006). Target-oriented wave-equation inversion. GEOPHYSICS, 71(4), A35-A38.
- Brown, M. F., & Guitton, A. (2005). Least-squares joint imaging of multiples and primaries. GEOPHYSICS, 70(5), S79-S89.
- Guitton, A. (2005). Multiple attenuation in complex geology with a pattern-based approach. GEOPHYSICS, 70(4), V97-V107.
- Sava, P., & Guitton, A. (2005). Multiple attenuation in the image space. GEOPHYSICS, 70(1), V10-V20.
- Guitton, A. (2004). Amplitude and kinematic corrections of migrated images for nonunitary imaging operators.GEOPHYSICS, 69(4), 1017-1024.
- Guitton, A., & Claerbout, J. (2004). Interpolation of bathymetry data from the Sea of Galilee: A noise attenuation problem. GEOPHYSICS, 69(2), 608-616.
- Guitton, A., & Verschuur, D. J. (2004). Adaptive subtraction of multiples using the L-1-norm. GEOPHYSICAL PROSPECTING, 52(1), 27-38.
- Guitton, A., & Symes, W. W. (2003). Robust inversion of seismic data using the Huber norm. GEOPHYSICS, 68(4), 1310-1319.