Yuting received her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in 2010 and 2012, respectively, from the School of Earth and Space Sciences at Peking University in Peking, China. Her Master's thesis was titled, "ADPI elastic wave forward modeling based on high performance computing." She is currently working with Prof. Paul Sava, her CWP advisor. Yuting has worked on elastic migration and elastic wavefield tomography. She has interned twice with Shell International Exploration and Production in Houston, Texas. The first internship focused on marine imaging, followed by the second one focusing on 4D seismic interpretation.
Yuting loves to take part in a variety of activities; her favorites being swimming and traveling.
Yuting's research is focused primarily on elastic imaging and elastic wavefield tomography. She is interested in developing elastic imaging conditions for converted waves, and currently she is working on elastic wavefield tomography to invert for P-wave and S-wave velocity models subject to constraints on the Vp/Vs ratio.
Elastic wavefield tomography
Scalar imaging condition for elastic RTM
Elastic imaging with multiples
3D elastic modeling
Publications, internships, awards and honors
Publications and conference abstracts
- Yuting Duan and Paul Sava, 2015. Scalar imaging condition for elastic reverse time migration. GEOPHYSICS, 80(4), S127-S136.
- Yuting Duan and Paul Sava, 2015. Elastic wavefield tomography with physical model constraints. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2015: pp. 1-5. o Yuting Duan and Paul Sava, 2014. Elastic reverse-time migration with OBS multiples. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2014: pp. 4071-4076
- Yuting Duan and Paul Sava, 2014. Converted-waves imaging condition for elastic reverse-time migration. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2014: pp. 1904-1908.
- Yuting Duan, Tianyue Hu, Fengchang Yao, and Yan Zhang, 2013. 3D elastic wave equation forward modeling based on the precise integration method. Applied Geophysics, 10(1), 71-78.
- Yuting Duan and Tianyue Hu, 2012. Elastic Wave Equation Forward Modeling Based on Precise Integration Method. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2012: pp. 1-5.
- Yuting Duan, Tianyue Hu, and Jingyu Li, 2011. Application of a 3‐D précised integration method for seismic modeling based on GPU. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2011: pp. 2850-2854.